Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Albums

I'm in the middle of recording a Christmas Album; I'm thinking about calling it either "Songs of the Savior's Birth" or "Go Tell It On The Mountain", or maybe "Go Tell It" I'm not sure. Anyway, that doesn't really matter. But it has got me thinking about Christmas Albums lately, and maybe I should spend some time this month talking about some of my favorites.

This week I listened to The Chipmunks Christmas Album, The Beach Boys Christmas Album, One of John Denver's Christmas Albums, Harry for the Holidays by Harry Connick Jr, as well as his other Christmas Album, B.B. King's A Christmas Celebration of Hope; I think I listened to Point of Grace's album as well as my wife's favorite, The Osmond Christmas Album. And I even sampled Dylan's new Christmas album. Though I love Dylan, and Christmas music in general, I have to say that his voice is really sounding worn. It almost sounds like Bob is getting lung cancer or something. I feel bad fo him. His voice sounds cool on his own material, but the melodious sounds of Christmas do not seem to work for him. But I'll still probably buy it. I've bought everything else he put out.

Anyway, I'll spend some time listening to some more this week, and let you know what I think about them.

God bless,

Willy

No comments:

Post a Comment