Friday, April 21, 2017

Escrima/Arnis/Kali Chart for Sinawali

So this year, I wanted to get into shape. I started a new diet (actually, I've tried four different diets this year) and I've lost about 20 lbs, trying to lose about 40 more pounds total. And one of the things that I've added to help my heart is an exercise program. I am doing a weekly additional exercise program. The first week I started by doing 100 jumping jacks, the second week, I added sit ups/crunches (I alternate) and I'm trying to work up to 100 of those. The third week I added planks, which hopefully will work up to 100 of those a day. And one of the other things I've been doing is adding a martial arts training for sword/stick fighting from a martial art called Modern Arnis (aka Escrima or Kali).

So there's a really cool guy on Youtube who calls himself Wmpyr, who makes great Escrima videos. If you want to learn how to do sword fighting, he's your man. You can check out his channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/wmpyr

Anyway, so I came up with a chart that will help me learn my sinawali weaves and I am uploading it for you. I also have included drum rhythm staves, to help develop rhythm when training.

Here it is!

I'm also working on an 8 count sheet that can be used as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment